DATE: March 30, 2019
REPORTS TO: VP, Sales
PURPOSE/SUMMARY (Brief overview of why the job exists, general purpose for position)
Responsibilities include generating revenue for AUSTIN Healthcare Solutions products in the South Atlantic (Delaware, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, District of Columbia, and West Virginia).
Providing quality service and support for AUSTIN Healthcare Solutions customers. Representing in a positive and ethical manner.
- Meet or exceed sales quota in the assigned region.
- Adhere to AUSTIN Healthcare Solutions policies and code of conduct in an ethical manner.
- Work in collaboration with the VP Sales to develop and implement regional business plans designed to achieve sales quota.
- Build and maintain sustainable strategic relationships in targeted accounts (clinical and non-clinical customers).
- Communicate market intelligence to the VP Sales and VP Marketing of competitor’s new product offering, pricing strategy, and merchandising practices in the assigned region.
- Completes and submits all administrative responsibilities accurately and on time (CRM, expense reports, and vacations).
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, training programs, conventions, and trade shows as directed by the VP Sales and home office.
- Maintain and expand knowledge of AUSTIN Healthcare Solutions’ product offerings, competitors, and local market changes.
- Perform all other essential duties as assigned.
SUPERVISOR RESPONSIBILITIES (IF ANY): None
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree is strongly preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of external business to business and/or consumer sales experience is required; sales experience in healthcare strongly preferred. Meeting or exceeding all performance expectations is required.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Clinical or medical device selling/marketing experience is strongly desired.
- Must have proven track record of success.
- Proficiency in developing and following quarterly and annual business plans is necessary.
- Strong closing skills are essential.
- Must work well in teams.
- Ability to maintain and expand existing “run rate” business is necessary.
- Strong ability to effectively sell benefits of the AUSTIN Healthcare Solutions products, or ability to learn and apply this information in clinical situations is essential.
- Must be high-energy, have an excellent work ethic, and be both reliable and positive.
- Ability to travel daily within the region is essential.
- Occasional need and ability to travel outside the region is desired.
LANGUAGE SKILLS (verbal, written, listening), SOFTWARE SKILLS, ANALYTICAL SKILLS, MATHEMATICAL SKILLS, PRESENTATION SKILLS, TEAM
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Ability to present effectively in front of large groups.
- Organizational, strong time-management, analytical, and problem-solving skills are necessary.
- Must have experience with and is comfortable working with CRM software.
- Must be able to work with Apple or Microsoft Office Suite Software.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are necessary.
- Must have valid license to operate moving vehicles.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS (e.g., expectations of such items as weight needed to move or lift)
- Lift/Carry 25 lbs
- Stand/Sit/Walk 8 hrs a day
- Vision requirements correctable to 20/20 vision
- Operate moving vehicles